Compare Australia's leading insurance providers to find a better deal

Switch To A Rocking Health Insurance Plan

Compare Bills

Save Money

Switch to Cheapbills

Move House


Do you want cheaper insurance? You could save money with our online comparison.

Hassle free switching

No hidden fees

Compare your bills for FREE

4.5 stars based on customer reviews

Helping Australians save $ on their
‌gas and electricity bills


Compare Health Insurance


Average of 4.5 Rating among users

Compare Health Insurance 

We understand that life can be hectic enough, so we make it really easy for you to look for a new insurance policy. Whether you’re looking to find a better policy or renew your quote, we do the hard work with our 100% free service. All you have to do is relax and enjoy your savings.

1300 786 045

We have 
Different Insurance Plans

We have made a promise to Australian families to cut their ‌energy bills so they can spend money where it is needed the ‌most.

Health Insurance

Health Insurance

Find best Health Insurance deals in the market with Cheapbills.

Content Insurance

Content Insurance

Find best Content Insurance deals in the market with Cheapbills.

Life Insurance

Life Insurance

Find best General Insurance deals in the market with Cheapbills.

Car Insurance

Car Insurance

Find best Car Insurance deals in the market with Cheapbills.

Get Life Insurance Now

Our staff are expert, and they will help you to find

the best energy deal for your family.  

Compare Life Insurance

Your Time Is Precious

We make it hassle-free process to 
‌find you best insurance deal to 
‌save you time and money.

No-Lock In Contracts

Cheapbills has access to different
‌plans from the leading retailers to 
‌find you the prefect insurance policy
‌for you and your situation.

Get Covered

We work with you through the 
‌pocess of applying for insurance
‌and provide you with support and 
‌assistance along the way

All You Need 

To Know

Yes. At a very minimum you must have Compulsory Third Party insurance. CTP is also referred to as the vehicles “green slip” and is usually required when you register the vehicle each year. It covers you if you were to have an at fault car accident that involves a third party, including passengers, pedestrians, cyclists or other drivers.

This could be used to pay for any funeral or legal expenses, your day-to-day costs of living, including mortgage or rent or even debt repayments.
The next level up from CTP is Third Party Property Cover. If you were to have an accident where you damaged another vehicle or property, this insurance would cover costs to the third party. It does not cover you for any damage caused to your own vehicle.

Third Party, Fire & Theft covers everything that Third Party Property Cover does, but also gives you peace of mind if your vehicle was stolen or involved in a fire. The top level of cover is known as Comprehensive Insurance. This basically covers every type of damage regardless of if the accident is your fault.
Each insurance company will also provide you with a choice of additional benefits such as new car replacement, hire car, windscreen cover or even protection of your No Claim Bonus. As added extras, they may affect the price of your insurance premium.

In this case, your car will be “written off” and depending on your level of cover, the insurance company will pay you for either the Agreed Value or the Market Value.

An Agreed Value is the price that you set as the value of the car should it be written off, which is then fixed for the duration of the policy. If your car is written off and you have opted for Market Value this will pay you according to how much the car is worth depending on age, condition and make and model.
Will I have to pay an excess?
Yes. The excess is the first amount you must pay before the insurance company will pay for the repairs or replacement. So, if the damage is worth $2,000 and your excess is $500, you would pay the first $500 and the insurance company would pay you the remaining $1,500. This is known as basic excess and is a fixed amount.

Your insurance policy may also stipulate that you pay a voluntary excess in addition to the basic excess if you make a claim. This may make your overall premium lower. If you are under the age of 25 you are classified as an inexperienced driver and so your excess may be higher.

It’s probably a good idea to think about what would happen if your car was involved in an accident or written off, and how this would affect you and your family on a practical level.

  • -Can you afford a higher excess? This could reduce the price of your insurance policy. This would be fine for a newer car as the cost of the car would be significantly higher than the excess you would pay. However, for an older vehicle, the excess may be of similar value to the car and so a higher excess would not be reasonable.

  • -Do you have a significant No Claims Bonus entitlement? It may be worth paying extra on your premium to protect it as losing it in the event of a claim may increase your premium in the following years.

  • -Imagine that you were involved in an accident that meant your car was off the road. Would you need a hire car? Would you need a taxi to and from the smash repairers?

  • -Think about how much and who uses your car. Will this affect your premium? Will where you keep the car make a difference if you have a choice between the road and a driveway?
How much does car insurance cost?
With so many policies and options to choose from, Cheapbills makes it a hassle-free process to find you the best car insurance deal to save you time and money. Call us on 1300 786 045 or complete the online comparison for now.

Need Help?

Do you have any doubts about the finding best deal for you? Please contact us!

 1300 786 045

Latest Blogs

Stay updated and access the latest news and blogs from Cheapbills.

View More

Mobile Provider

15 Jul 2020

Comparing mobile phone plans? What should you be looking for? Gone are the days when a phone was just a phone. Who knew…

How to find the best broadband plan

15 Jul 2020

How much data should I have? How to find the best broadband plan Are you ever running out of data on your internet? Going…

High Use internet

15 Jul 2020

Do I need unlimited broadband? If you had to break it down, how long do you think you spend online? We’re not talking…

Win a FREE rewards card

Enter into competition by switching your provide to get a chance to Win $1000 Master/ Visa Prepaid Card