Switch to Cheapbills
We understand that life can get busy, that’s why we’ve made it quick and easy to compare Pay TV plans and select a good option for your family.
Hassle free switching
No hidden fees
Compare your bills for free
4.5 stars based on customer reviews
Helping save $ on your bills
CheapBills makes it simple to start comparing Pay TV suppliers and helps you through the whole process
We want Australian Families to enjoy great content on their TV – that why we have partner with Australian Largest content providers Foxtel & Fetch TV
Broadband is the type of connection that allows you to browse the internet, download or surf the web on your computer or television.
There are four main types of broadband connection available, depending on where you live. They determine the speed of the connection and how much you can do. See our handy chart on the How Fast is Your Broadband? for more information.
1. ADSL Broadband uses your telephone line connected to your home or business to provide the internet connection.
2. Fibre-optic cable broadband are made of glass or plastic that provide a faster internet connection than the copper lines used in ADSL.
3. Mobile Broadband uses the transmitters and receivers used by the mobile phone network to provide the internet connection.
4. NBN (National Broadband Network) uses telephone lines, fibre-optic cables, wireless and satellite to provide a much faster and reliable internet connection than other methods alone.
We will compare broadband packages for you based upon:
What you plan on using the internet for – checking emails and browsing or downloading movies and watching TV, for example.
Your budget – how much you would prefer to spend a month. In general terms, the faster the internet is, the higher the price.
Where you live – this is a major factor as some internet connections may not be available in all areas.
We at Cheapbills have been established as an online comparison website since 2013. However, our mother company, Integral Resource Group has been servicing Australian customers since 2011. We are based in 5B/117-125 York Street, South Melbourne; next to the famous South Melbourne market.
All the broadband providers we work with are reputable and provide high quality customer service. We also have 5-star reviews from our own customers.
How do you work out which internet provider I can switch to?
We shop around so that you don’t have to. We consider how much you want to spend, how much you plan on using the internet and what packages service your address.
These are some of the brands we work with:
Below are a few of the brands we work with:
The Electricity Flat Rate gives you a flat rate, no matter what time of day you use the energy. Time of Use is where your energy is charged according to the time of day. Peak times will attract a bigger rate than off-peak. This tariff can also change according to the time of year. Finally, Controlled Load is linked directly to a specific appliance and has its own meter. This would be for an appliance that you use seasonally, such as a pool pump.Because they are mostly used during an off-peak time, the price is at a lower rate.
That’s great that you have opted for renewable energy. Since it is possible that you will generate more energy than you use, this will be fed back onto the grid. As a result, and depending on which state you are in, this may be itemised on your bill as a credit. This is called a “feed in” tariff and must be applied for to the state.
How it works in 5 easy steps
1. Start by completing the online form. One of our Experts will call you back to discuss your needs and compare what you’re currently paying for your energy usage with other retailers.
2. You make the decision to switch. It’s a hassle-free process and you don’t have to do anything. We take verbal consent from you which is then passed on to your new provider.
3. There is a 10-day cooling off period, which means that your new provider will not start the process of switching until that time is up.
4. An accurate meter reading will be taken so that one final bill can be issued. Any rebates you are entitled to will be adjusted on this bill. The meter reading will also be used for your new provider, who will not start charging you until the switch is complete.
5. You will receive a Welcome Pack which will include your new Contract, Terms & Conditions, details of your new plan, a Disclosure Statement, Bank Mandate and a Concession Form for residential customers to complete if they are entitled to it.
There is no power outage and no disconnection of your utilities!
Enter into the competition by switching your provider to get a chance to Win $1000 Master/ Visa Prepaid Card