Well, the short answer is yes! CheapBills is a utility services comparison website and on average, our customers save $400 a year on their utility bills, just by switching providers to a cheaper plan.
There’s no secret to what we do, in fact, we pride ourselves on being completely transparent. We simply save you money by finding the best deals on the market to suit your needs.
It can be complicated and time-consuming to compare each provider yourself, but our team of experts can do it for you in one easy phone call!
On this page
Benefits of comparison services
At CheapBills, our goal is simple. We want to find you the cheap electricity and gas deal and save you money. The top benefits of using our service are:
Our comparison tools make it quick and easy – in just one phone call we can help you find a plan that suits your home or business.
We can take the confusion out of the process by recommending you the best option from our panel to give you the biggest savings.
What happens if I don’t compare energy?
If you haven’t compared your electricity and gas plans in a year or more, then you have probably been transferred to a standing offer. This is usually equal to the reference price set by the government and is the maximum price retailers are allowed to charge.
In Victoria, the reference price is the Victorian Default Offer (VDO) and in New South Wales, South-East Queensland and South Australia it is the Default Market Offer (DMO). All other deregulated states are also protected by a reference price.
If you are on a standing offer, then you could be paying hundreds of dollars more each year than you need to.
In addition, you could be missing out on a range of discounts, rewards and incentives that can add up to some big money over time. For example, several retailers offer Qantas and Everyday Rewards points when you switch, or discounts on theme parks, dining and entertainment.
To make sure you have the cheap electricity plan in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, ACT or South Australia, we recommend comparing your plan every 12 months.
How does a comparison website find me cheap electricity and gas?
When you use our energy price comparison service, a CheapBills expert will consider several factors to match you with the perfect plan.
Unlike some comparison services, we know that a one-size fits all approach won’t get you the best deal, so before we recommend a plan we’ll talk to you about your budget, energy usage needs, the size of your household and any special energy requirements such as a swimming pool, underfloor heating, solar panels or an electric vehicle.
We compare electricity plans by looking at:
- Rates – as well as the cheap rates, we’ll look at off-peak and controlled rates, seasonal rates and solar feed-in tariffs to find the plan that will best match your usage. One of our favourites is EnergyAustralia’s Solar Max plan which offers a high solar feed-in tariff of 10c/kWh.
- Discounts – many providers offer discounts on your rates or your overall bill. This includes pay-on-time or direct debit discounts, reduced rates for the first 6 months as a signing incentive or discounted/free energy usage at certain times for electric vehicles or heating/cooling systems. We love Tango Energy’s Winter Warmer plan which offers discounted gas rates to heat your home during the cold winter months.
- Bundles – if you’re looking for electricity, gas, NBN and Pay TV, or any combination of these services, we will look for a bundle deal that will not only save you money but also make your life easier by having just one bill to pay.
- Special offers – we keep up to date with the latest special offers so you don’t miss out. This includes signing credits of $50 or $100, or rewards points with partners including Qantas and Everyday Rewards.
- Clean energy – several retailers offer carbon neutral plans or tailored packages for electric vehicles or solar panels and batteries. For example, ActewAGL’s eVolve plan offers 4,000km of free charging every year for your electric car. If clean energy is important to you, let our team know and we’ll find you a plan to suit.
- Customer service – although it won’t necessarily save you money on your energy bills, friendly and knowledgeable customer service can be a deal breaker when choosing your retailer. Our panel of preferred suppliers each offer outstanding customer experiences, so you can rest assured you’ll receive the support you need.
With a lot to save and nothing to lose, it makes sense to give us a call to find out if you could be saving money on your bills. If we find you a better plan, we’ll also arrange to connect electricity and gas with your new provider, so you don’t need to do a thing.
We can also compare and connect fast NBN or 5G/4G plans and Pay TV Australia to save you more!
Call our friendly team on 1300 786 045 or enter your details online.